Wednesday, January 17, 2007

The Journey Begins


Alright, so I'm finally going to do this thing. I'd been telling myself I was going to blog my contest prep for the longest, but I finally got around to it.

I finally got back into the gym after a somewhat long 3+ week hiatus on winter break. Break means break, and I just didn't feel like going in. So after some sporadic lifts the first week back, I finally got back into the program on Saturday.

Saturday was a heavy back day, but I didn't want to go crazy as it was my first day back. And with my low back issues, deads are out of the question right now. So I did rack pulls from slightly below the knee. 9 sets- 5 "feel sets" 4 "working sets". I think I ended at 205 x 4. Then it was on to 6 sets of chins, some heavy bar curls and I was out.





Yesterday I was a heavy chest day. On Incline DB press I did 8 sets and set a new PR.

warm up sets
40's x 10
55's x 10
65's x 10
75's x 8

working sets
85's x 5 (this felt really heavy for some reason)
90's x 5 (a little better)
95's x 5 (got into the grove)
105's x 2 (BOOM BABY!)


Finished up with some weighted dips, ended with bodyweight+70 for 4.

On a side note, when I was stretching out, I tweaked my back a little bit. It's still kind of tight today, so I'll rest it. Looks like legs tomorrow. Hope I haven't lost too much strength. Judging by my chest day, I think not!

I think I will start dieting for the season mid Feb, early march. I have 3 shows lined up. 1 in August and 2 in Sept. However, I am in far better condition this year than last year, so the prep should be easier.

I will be working with nutrition guru Dr. Joe Klemczeski. He's the man! I'm gonna be shredded!

3% bodyfat here I come!

No comments: